Headlines News :
Home » , » Bee Gees lead singer in 'spectacular' cancer recovery

Bee Gees lead singer in 'spectacular' cancer recovery

Written By admin on Saturday, February 4, 2012 | 3:23 PM


-By Agence France-Presse

LONDON - Bee Gees lead singer Robin Gibb said Friday he was making a "spectacular" recovery from colon cancer and felt better than ever.

"The prognosis is that it's almost gone and I feel fantastic and really from now on it's just what they could describe as a 'mopping-up' operation," the 62-year-old told BBC radio.

Robin's twin brother Maurice died in 2003 from complications resulting from a twisted intestine, and younger brother Andy died in 1988 following a battle against cocaine addiction.

Robin Gibb has had repeated health problems himself due to a twisted bowel but after several periods of ill health, he was also found to be suffering colon cancer.

"I was diagnosed with a growth in my colon. It was removed. And I've been treated for that by a brilliant doctor, and in their own words 'the results have been spectacular'," he said.

"I feel better than I did ten years ago. I'm active, my appetite's fantastic, the plumbing is all in perfect working order."

Gibb is soon to release a classical concept album about the sinking of the Titanic to mark the centenary of the disaster.

He is aiming to perform at the symphonic work's premiere in London on April 10.

"If I had a choice about how I'd like to feel for the rest of my life, this would be it," Gibb added.

"I don't know how I could feel any better."

British-born brothers the Bee Gees are one of the biggest-selling groups of all time.

They scaled the heights of the pop world in the 1970s with disco hits "Stayin' Alive" and "Night Fever", and have notched up more than 200 million record sales during a career spanning more than 50 years.
Share this post :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Like My Files - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger