Headlines News :

Music industry mourns Whitney Houston's death

Written By admin on Sunday, February 12, 2012 | 4:42 PM


Whitney Houston has died aged 48. Photograph: PR

-By ABS-CBNnews.com
MANILA, Philippines – Immediately after the news about the death of singer and actress Whitney Houston broke, reactions came pouring in from local and international celebrities within and outside the music industry.

A lot of celebrities expressed shock over the sudden incident.

Mariah Carey said: “Heartbroken and in tears over the shocking death of my friend, the incomparable Ms. Whitney Houston.”

Jennifer Lopez also said: “Such a loss. One of the greatest voices of our time. Sending out prayers to her family... #R.I.P.Whitney.”

Rihanna, on the other hand, said: “No words! Just tears #DearWhitney.”

As for Christina Aguilerra, she posted: “We have lost another legend. Love and prayers to Whitney's family. She will be missed.”

Nicki Minaj also said: “Jesus Christ, not Whitney Houston. Greatest of all time.”

Katy Perry was also saddened by Houston’s death. “So devastating. We will always love you Whitney, R.I.P.” she said.

This was echoed by Randy Jackson. “wow I am devastated. the world has lost another one of the best voices in history. RIP whitney houston, so fortunate am I to have worked with u, and have u touch my life. may god bless this family.”

Even singers in the Philippines were saddened over Houston’s death.

Gary Valenciano tweeted: “Ur music will live on and on. ‘There can be miracles…WHEN YOU BELIEVE’ Thank u…tho uv bin thru so much, u still inspired us. #whitneyhouston.”

As for Zsazsa Padilla, she said: “Such a sad day. :( I grew up singing your songs, Whitney Houston. Your memory and music will live on in our hearts. R.I.P.”

“I still can't believe this. I'm really shocked and sad. :'( I feel like I lost a relative. I'm gon cry. I'm shaking. Love u Whitney... :'(" said Charice, who sang Houston's "I Have Nothing" at the U.S. talk show "Oprah," which launched her international career.

Another singer who's obviously influenced by Houston, Regine Velasquez, also said: “Nakakalungkot:-( Ms Whitney Houston thank you for being part of my life and my music. RIP.”

“I'm speechless. I seriously cannot believe this. You'll be in my heart forever, and I will ALWAYS love you :'(" said young singer Maria Aragon.

Christian Bautista, for his part, said: “Another icon in the music industry has passed away, rest in peace Whitney Houston , let's remember her for the musical legacy she has shared.”

Aiza Seguerra also tweeted: “My heart is breaking...:(“

Houston, who reigned in 1980 and 1990, has died at the age of 48.

Her bodyguard found her dead at the Beverly Hilton Hotel at 3:55 Saturday afternoon (Sunday morning in Manila).

The cause of Houston’s death remains unclear.
Share this post :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Like My Files - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger