Headlines News :
Home » , , » Fil-American Roshon Fegan Disney star poised to break out

Fil-American Roshon Fegan Disney star poised to break out

Written By Admin on Friday, January 27, 2012 | 12:55 AM




MANILA, Philippines -- The popular "Camp Rock" movies have already launched the careers of the Jonas Brothers and Demi Lovato.

Now another "Camp Rock" alum is hoping to hit the big time: Fil-American actor, singer and dancer Roshon Fegan.

Fegan, who played Sander Loyer in the Disney Channel original movie and its sequel, currently co-stars in another Disney Channel series, "Shake It Up," as Tyler Blue, the older brother of the show's lead character.

Fegan, 20, also scored with the original rap song "Anything is Possible," whose music video was launched during last year's Black History Month. The video, also produced by Disney Channel, was even noticed by Time magazine, as the rap spotlights iconic African-American leaders like Martin Luther KIng, Rosa Parks and Jackie Robinson.

HIs father is African-American actor Roy Fegan, while his mother, Cion, is Filipino.

"That's what I'm doing, I'm representing. Filipino power!" the young Fegan told ABS-CBN News North America.

"I'm just blessed to be Filipino. I'm blessed to be representing on the [Disney] Channel. Hopefully there's more of us coming up soon," he said, referring to Fil-American actress Anna Maria Perez de Tagle, who also appeared in the "Camp Rock" movies.

Apart from acting, Fegan is also busy with his music career and is expected to launch an EP (extended play) on February 14 under his own label, 3inaRO (pronounced "three in a row") Entertainment, a reference to his "triple threat" talent.

"2012 is really a big year for me. I got a lot of things I'm getting prepared to do. A lot of things coming up, big things. So my music is one thing that's huge," he said.

He said he also wants to write rap songs about his being Filipino -- just like his idol, Apl.de,Ap of the Grammy-winning group Black Eyed Peas.

"Man, I love the Black Eyed Peas, I love Apl," he said.

Asked if he still considers himself Filipino, he said:""Everything. Down to my Filipino grandma's house, to the chicken adobo she cooks down to (raps) 'Yo, what's up, I love rice (laughs)."

Fegan said he remains grounded because of his parents and vowed not to change.

"You have to play the game right. But I don't think you have to go crazy. That's not the way I'm doing it," he said. -Report by Yong Chavez, ABS-CBNnews.com
Share this post :
 
Support : Creating Website | Johny Template | Mas Template
Copyright © 2011. Like My Files - All Rights Reserved
Template Created by Creating Website Published by Mas Template
Proudly powered by Blogger